I thought I'd try something new here and share out five(ish) things each week that have caught my eye around the internets. I've discovered a few delightful new blogs lately and knowing how much you all loved my second-hand furniture post, I thought you'd like to know about them too. I've got some fall home projects on the brain so not suprisingly this week's round up is pretty design focused.
1) The Sourced Home: I stumbled across this blog when Emily Henderson posted her entryway on instagram a few weeks ago and I. Am. Hooked. The blog is a photo diary of a gorgeous fixer-upper in Alabama written by one of the owners, EJ. She loves white paint, bentwood chairs, and styling vintage/used finds with new pieces as much and I do (maybe more!) and her blog is SO inspiring. She also did a post on shopping Craigslist that's worth reading. You must follow!
2) Speaking of Emily Henderson I can't get enough of Ginny's dining room. I scored 4 old bentwood chairs off of craigslist for $90 (out of a super sketchy basement but that's another story) this week and plan to pair them with a white tulip table in our kitchen - I love this version of the vision!
3) I've been drooling over Joanna Hawley's exhaustive round-up of her favorite sources for vintage rugs. I plan to start collecting a few pieces soon to layer over large, simple sisal rugs.
4) My friend Julia just redesigned her master bedroom and I love the unexpected touches of black. I've been really feeling matte black paired with ticking stripe + warm wood lately. Stay tuned for my application...
5) My old colleague Michelle, the visual director at vineyard vines, has launched her own design firm Madison Hudson. She just sold her house to buy a gut reno and I can't wait to follow along on instagram!
6) ((I told you five-ISH!)) They don't post all the time but I can't get enough of this instagram detailing the slow renovation of a tiny little 1800's sea captain's house on Martha's Vineyard. The owners are the masterminds behind the gorgeous lighting brand Dune + Duchess, so you know the end product will be incredible!