We took a quick trip to Arizona last weekend for Chris' best friends wedding. I've been to Arizona once before and honestly wasn't a huge fan (no water, no character, too new and shiny for me!) but this trip definitely changed my mind! We woke up early to explore before C had groomsmen duties and we really loved it! A+ shopping (never hurt my impression of anything...), good food, and impeccable weather. It was also SO MUCH CHEAPER than where we live! I never realize how expensive the metro NYC area is until I go other places - brunch for two with cocktails and coffee was under $40! You can't go out for double that around here. I still don't think I could handle it in the summer but I would happily go back to escape the cold in the winter or spring. Our weekend in review:
1. I pulled over on the side of the ride to snap a shot of these plants on someone's property (sorry homeowner) - the symmetry made my heart go pitter patter, especially with that perfect dapple of sunlight!
3. The sunset at the wedding ceremony was out of this world.
4. I spent a full hour on Friday trying to find me a quality cactus. MAYBE so that I could use the cactus emoji...?
5. We drove by this wild apartment building in Scottsdale - I love the pops of neon!
6. The brunch at Snooze A.M. was so good we went back twice! High recommend their apple cider mimosa.