A few weeks ago Chris and I escaped to Washington DC for quick weekend getaway to visit his brother who is interning there for the summer, and his brother's girlfriend who lives there. We also got to see our friend Kevin who we haven't seen in far too long. Honestly I don't have that many photos because a) I was too busy just enjoying seeing them, b) it was literally 100 degrees outside with full humidity and c) we were very lucky to get access to some really cool places including the Capitol and the White House and they didn't allow cameras.
Anyway - a quick rundown of our weekend is below, which mostly involved me swooning over the insane architectural details everywhere we went (and taking bad iPhone photos for my inspiration board at home) and eating. Everything. Details:
- We stayed at the Mayflower (meh - wouldn't be my first choice for a return trip)
- Book at tour at the White House (3-6 months in advance!)
- Dinner at Convivial
- Lunch at Taylor Gourmet (although we could've definitely eaten there every meal)
- A "must-do" cocktail at Old Ebbitt Grill
- Pizza at District of Pi
- Shopping in Georgetown (the Ralph Lauren store there is dreamy - and a little birdie told me Tuckernuck is opening doors there soon!)
- Sunday stroll through Eastern Market
- If you have time, I highly recommend booking a manicure with Kristy Le at Christophe Salon (she had flown back in from the DNC where she was responsible for a certain presidential nominee's manicure...!) It's nothing fancy but they did an epic job!
In other news, I am REALLY struggling to find time to blog lately. It has me thinking...I really only blog so that I have an excuse to create images. Would it be better for me to post more frequently, but with image-based posts? Supplemented with more content-heavy posts when I have something to say? Or do you prefer the meatier style? Let me know!