Last weekend C and I took a quick trip up to Kennebunkport to partake in their Paint the Town Red festivities. I joined The Yellow Note and HeyThereNey in taking over the instagram accounts of a few of the Kennebunkport Resort Collection's beautiful properties. C and I stayed in one of the Chase Hill Suites at The Grand Hotel and I can't say enough good things about the experience. See a few snaps from our trip here!
Highlights of our stay:
- A spectacular meal at David's, complete with a perfect wine pairing and a personal visit from Chef David Turin himself - such a special treat!
- Cooking class with Earth at Hidden Pond's executive chef Justin Walker - the key lime pie he whipped up was the best I've ever had and included only THREE ingredients! I can't wait to visit in the spring to experience the dining room - I swooned over Jackie's snaps of her time there!
- Watching the lobster boats come in in Cape Porpoise and then warming up with a cocktail at The Ramp - probably the most perfect bar in Maine. Buoys line the building outside, and the ceiling inside is absolutely covered with vintage political, local, and sports paraphernalia. I was in HEAVEN ((also, my martini was the size of a cereal bowl so that might've helped ;)) Thank you Tasha for the reco!
- A brisk winter walk along GooseRocks Beach - my favorite in the state of Maine!
- Breakfast sandwiches and coffee from HB Provisions - this place is a local staple and for good reason. It's right across the street from the Grand Hotel and feels like a homey general store that you've been going to "forever," even on your first visit! They also have a million gluten-free options and the food is classic homestyle.
It's no secret that C and I have a deep love for Kennebunkport and I love that each time we go, we find something new to do or see. It's great in the summer but it's also completely fantastic in the winter - there is something about the quiet beauty of a little seaside town in the off-season. Paint the Town Red specials continue through the end of the month - I highly recommend paying a visit!
Thank you to The Grand Hotel for providing our accommodations.